Water Collector for RO/DI

TheBishop

I take it is not a good idea to use a plastic garbage can for collecting water, must leach into the water or something. When I make new water TDS is 000 after a week in the container it is 017.
Any suggestions for a collection container that is pretty sterile?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Food grade storage containers won't leach dude. I found mine at a local farm store.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

DaveK

Many people use the traditional plastic trash can. Provided you cure it, there really is no problem. To do that, fill it with ro water, and add cheep rock salt to take the SG to about what you'd get in your tank. Then let it stand a day or two. Empty, and rinse. Do this several times. If you get any plastic smell, repeat the process. You can also test it by using just RO/DI water, and see if there is any change in the TDS reading over a day or two.

TheBishop

Washed out my container scrubbed it down. Initially after filling 000 TDS after 2 days 003, will do it again better then it has been for sure

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Washed out my container scrubbed it down. Initially after filling 000 TDS after 2 days 003, will do it again better then it has been for sure

I encountered the same with trash cans. Great for immediate mixing n changing. Leaving water in it for a week always created tds.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.