Want to run a led build past you

Mdk16

I've been posting in the Red Sea forum as I'm looking to do a retrofit on the RSM 650 however I thought I may reach a different audience in this forum.

I want to use the stock canopy which has a low profile and comes stock with 10 t5's around 64" long. The canopy has three sections. A middle and two wings that fold up and out of the way for Maintenance.

The center unit houses 2 t5's and 10 led moon lights. I intend on leaving this stock. Each wing houses 4t5's which I intend on removing and placing 48 LEDs in each wing for a total of 96 LEDs plus the 2 t5's and 10 moon lights in the center.

As this is a low profile canopy, I have roughly 1.4" between the concavities of the reflector that house the t5's to the splash shield.

My plan is to take 1" wide x 1/8" thick and 60" long aluminum strips and screw 8 of these over the concavities to create a tubular heat sink by putting a roof on the recesses for each bulb.

On each aluminum strip, I plan on mounting 12 LEDs and a dimable driver for each line. I plan on controlling the system with the typhon controller. I'm also planning on 2 fans from Steve's for each wing for a total of 4, alternating aluminum strips.

Does this setup sound resonable?

I would use the solderless LEDs from rapid. I was thinking of half blue, half white alternating every other electrode. Is this better than doing a white strip of 12 followed by a blue strip of 12. Do you think I should add uv's? My thought is to keep it simple and I can add if needed.

Anyone using the typoon controller? I assume I can use it with the rapid LEDs with the right driver.

The last question is the cooling. How warm do the these LEDs get? I see some people using fans and others not. Are 2 fans per wing enough for this amount of LEDs?