Very unique Bluespot

Ok so here the deal ive had my blue spotted jawfish for three months now he is very at home in the tank he currently lives with a yellow clown goby and four blue green chromis, my question is does any one have and blue spot that actually swims around the tank a lot, he is not shy at all at first i was worried about him but he eats great and has a nice burrow but hes only in it ocasionally and thats actually why i got a jawfish , i was thinking if i was to get another fish like a wrasse or something he may hang out in his burrow more what does everyone think?

tnwillia

I have several fish that go after mine's burrow when he's not in it for one reason or another, he is always close by it. He's spending more time in it now because my flame angle is messing with him a lot. If he feels threat he'll be in or very near the burrow with new fish in the tank. Have fun, they are SUPER fish.

Dweezil

My Bluespot is out all the time. He loves attention and I think likes to be looked at ;) He's built many burrows but he isn't in them much. Personally, I'm glad he's a show off..too pretty a fish to hide all the time. :)

thanks he is definatly my favorite fish. i was so worried when i first got him because of the cost but ive had him for three months and hes doing great he really runs the tank and he has a completly different personality than the pearly jawfish i had years ago he seems to be more bold the pearly never really left his burrow

kayl

Mine only goes into his burrow every once in a while during the day. He's usually swimming around the tank or sitting on top of a piece of live rock watching everything.

tnwillia

Mine was the same (all over the tank and out) till I got my flame angle which is a bully to my BSJF. Just something to keep in mind if your thinking of one. Have fun!

reefman78

I just bought a pearly and am not happy ive seen him well part of him once in 6 days...geez i know they're timid but come on, kinda wishing i didnt get him at the moment lol

well that makes me feel better he is definatly a showoff, and give your pearly time it will become less shy over time with pearlys you might try to get another one the do ok in pairs or small communities depending on your tank size

Nigma

mine is really random, on some days he is really active and swims around the tank, checking out everything... then other days he just hides or stays close to his holes...

he use to not come out at all because of my stupid clowns would harass him a lot, nearly eating his tail off.

but since i gave them back to my LFS he is out and about almost everyday now.