true pulsing sinularia, Tyree neon green polyp toadstool and others

fishguy4

thx that would be great! what can you tell me about it like requirements, growing speed, etc.

and if any fish eat it!

quicklynx

thx that would be great! what can you tell me about it like requirements, growing speed, etc.

and if any fish eat it!

I found this on reefcleaners.org's growing guide section of the website.

"Flame Algae (Bryothamnion sp.) is a red macro algae that can be attached to your live rocks or shells with super glue. The bottom of a branch of and individual cutting may be attached.

Flame Algae is rigid and does not have high circulation needs, but "dead spots" are always problematic in a tank. This particular macro does not have strong lighting needs. However, the strength of the light will affect its color, as the macro will take on a deeper red under lower light. The risk of respiration and ph disturbance is very low with this species. However, you should always diligently monitor your tank. This particular algae looks great at the base of liverock."

While browsing some other forums it was mentioned several times that the Owner's Tangs like to eat the Flame Algae.

It looks like such a neat thing to have in the tank, but if Tang's destroy it, I can't have it. My guess is Rabbitfish and other macro algae eaters would probably go after it too.

fishguy4

ya i used to have a tang but they are so susceptible to ich its ridiculous so i got rid of it :waa:

will things like maybe hermit crabs or snails eat it? And whats the growth rate lookin like?