Toadstol - how to frag it?

sebastian

i have nice toadstol coral and i'd like to frag it....what should i cut out.....leg or disc??? any other things importent i should be aware of????

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
My understanding is you can cut anyway you like and glue the frags to rock. Any part of it can regrow a new toadstool. From Eric Borneman's book, "Aquarium Corals-Selection, Husbandry and Natural History",
"Sarcophytons are extremely "cuttable". All sections of the coral are totipotent, meaning that a slice of the colony attached by glue or banding to a substrate can reattach and form another complete colony fairly quickly."

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Make sure you provide good water flow after fragging to keep the wounds clean. Also, they will take a week (or more) to attach to the new surface so be very patient.

fish wilson

the best way to frag a toad is cut the top off leave the stump it will rejuv. then take the cap and cut into pie peices. glue to plug. put in high flow add lugols iodine for healing. thanks fish

PEMfish

I`v heard to use super glue, is there any that I should watch out for? Can you glue under water, if not how long do you have to hold it out of water?

hma

How long does it take to ebb on a reef roof? .......... some hours !

How long must often corals live without water ....... ditto ..some hours !

How long does it take to fragging. ........................ 15 min.? 30 min.? or longer ?