20 gallon:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 5
PH - 8.4

Is the PH too high?

Gina

RS STAFF
Your 55g is fine. You may get away with 8.4 in your 20g but, I would try to lower it alittle. Ours runs 8.0-8.2. Keep an eye on it and if it continues to increase you'll need to lower it. How long have your tanks been set up?

Gina

RS STAFF
Ok! Things are looking very good for you! Are you going to be adding a clean up crew shortly? If you are one thing I would test for is Copper. Of course, we didn't check for that first before adding the crew but, were told we should have. Anyway, our inverts and snails did fine. Are you using plain tap water or tap ran through a RO/DI unit?

Right now just tap, but we have a water softner that removes chlorine. Water is clear, no alge yet.

A clean up crew should be added today, maybe.

wooddood

the wood dude
just some food for thought.if i were you i would really consider getting a ro/di unit as soon as possible.you may get along ok for a while using tap water but you will have problems in the long run.trust me i did the same thing.just my 2 cents.

EdgeKrusher

Something Fishy,
In the mean time, check out your local LFSs for RO water. Most LFSs that I've been to sell it. LFS RO water is a way better option than tap.

EK

Maxx

I purchased a 5 stage RO/DI unit from www.airwaterice.com
Walter was great and the price was excellent. Their customer service was outstanding too...just some food for thought.
Nick

Maxx

Inreef has some great prices on things. They werent around when I was shopping....
Nick