The odessey of my new clam

twoclowns

I just purchased a black and white with blue edged squamosa on ebay. It was shipped over night fedex on 1/18/06 to be picked up at fed ex on the 19th. I get to fed ex and the women says theres been a problem, I think crap the box was lost! She says to me the box is leaking. :cry1: Craaaaaaaaaaapppp!!!! I open right there and look at the clam there is almost no water remaining in the bag but the clam is still submerged in water, but feels cold to the touch (new hampshire). I fly down the road 20 minutes back to my house, set the bag in the tank to warm up and aclimate the clam, whole time thinking that the clam isn't going to make it. But nature suprises me again, it fully opens when placed in the aquarium. Its been doing great for today too. :thumbup: Seems very happy. Just wanted to share this with the rest of you, Keith

Attachments

• Squamosa 1 20 06.jpg
    Squamosa 1 20 06.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 218

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Ohh the adventures of shipping during the wintertime been there don't do it no more...lol
I'm glad it turned out well, the clam is gorgeous :thumbup:

twoclowns

Was looking at old threads and decided to give an update of my clam, Its grown fairly large in the last few years here it is today. :)
DSC00686.JPG