How many fish did you loose to your nem

• 5-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I gave up my nem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Well it a somber day for me i lost my first fish to my nem today. A brush with death it was nematocyst got the best of him while i was gone for a few hours. My newly aquired clowns may have had a "hand" in this as they are known to coerce other fish into a trap, notice the nem's mantel , very high upon the glass .

051.jpg

One bad turn, and its touchdown. I took a few hours for him to die, he first lied on his side and try to swim it off but in the end . The other fishes seem to know he was dying they were swiming close and very slowly, very creepy. i had to pick him up this morning behing the rockwork, i finally gave him to the nem , her prize...saved me a few frozen fish for the week because feeding her every other day i decided not to feed her this week, she got her lot for the week now.

049.jpg

Picture before the lights on, natural light, Purple Saddleback , Stichodactyla haddoni below with white lights only and Amphiprion clarkii;

006-1.jpg

So the question is how many fish did you loose so far with you nem and how did it happened?

Do you feed your dead fish to your nem too?

tumblr_mxm9fuMOpy1rbkc33o1_500.gif

tank stalker

I have a neon green haddoni and I've been lucky so far....although I almost lost my rose pin custom urchin to him

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

Ive had a couple small fish disappear during the time I had nems.
I assume this to be related but only saw one for sure still being digested. I don't usually go moving rocks or anything to find dead/missing fish to feed to the nem, they mostly just end up being reduced to nothing within a day by the CUC. The one fish that had the common courtesy to die out in the open, was fed him to the nem.

vandonny

I wouldn't feed dead fish to a nem, cuz then they have a taste for your fish, and hunt them down... learned that the hard way :cry1:

StirCrayzy

Welcome to RS !
Anemones are a predator of opportunity, you'll never see a "hunt". They just take whatever gets too close.
Though I have seen them spit certain foods out when the clowns drag stuff in.
Sorry for your experience though vandonny, care to elaborate for us curious folk? :)

Basile

I wouldn't feed dead fish to a nem, cuz then they have a taste for your fish, and hunt them down... learned that the hard way :cry1:

what kind of nem did you have?

Welcome to RS !
Anemones are a predator of opportunity, you'll never see a "hunt". They just take whatever gets too close.
Though I have seen them spit certain foods out when the clowns drag stuff in.
Sorry for your experience though vandonny, care to elaborate for us curious folk? :)

Yes welcome to the club, nice to have you onboard, i'm also curious about what kind of nem actively "hunts" and how they do this. i always thought they stayed like a venusflytrap kina thing....

Tahiti

I'm pretty certain my firefish that disappeared was eaten by my rock flower anemone. Searched all around the tank and could never find the fish so I know it didn't go carpet surfing.

gbose

I'm inclined to doubt this. Rock Flowers are really not very aggressive. Sure something else didn't get him?