The fruits of more rock watching.....

DaveR11

Here are the latest crop of HHers I've spotted in the tank. Comments on my ID gratefully welcomed!

I think this is a tiny Stomatella snail to go with the two bigger ones I have. This one is maybe 2mm long. I didn't notice the other smaller snail until I processed the photograph... Do Stomatella successfully breed in tanks?

Colonial tunicate?

A different tunicate?

Some sort of soft coral (this is 3-4mm high)

Oxylebius

Pic #1 - Yes, stomatella. In a close up you can see the mouth feeding and long antenna.

Pic #2 - Yes, colonial tunicate. AKA Sea Squirt.

Pic #3 - possible colonial tunicate or closed up coral. Hard to tell on this one. Below it on left, under ledge, a white tunicate (I can see the siphon). A little below that and to the right a round white sponge.

Pic #4 - Yes, a soft coral, an octocoral. The polyps have eight tentacles (eight = octo). Not sure of the type of soft coral yet. You can let it grow and see how it forms.

DaveR11

Pic #1 - Yes, stomatella. In a close up you can see the mouth feeding and long antenna.

Pic #2 - Yes, colonial tunicate. AKA Sea Squirt.

Pic #3 - possible colonial tunicate or closed up coral. Hard to tell on this one. Below it on left, under ledge, a white tunicate (I can see the siphon). A little below that and to the right a round white sponge.

Pic #4 - Yes, a soft coral, an octocoral. The polyps have eight tentacles (eight = octo). Not sure of the type of soft coral yet. You can let it grow and see how it forms.

Thanks Oxy. Some of this stuff is so small I only notice things when I get in close with the macro lens and then zoom in on the computer. Not seen either of the slugs again despite plenty of rock watching....