Tankmate for red spotted severum?

Talon33

My girlfriend's parents are re building after that fish loss and keeping it simple by only keeping a couple of fish, upgrading filtration and hopefully more water changes. But we ordered another red spotted severum, what would be another good South American cichlid of medium size and relatively hardy? it needs to be sort of show fish as it and the severum will be the only ones in the tank, tank is a 55 gallon.

DaveK

About the only thing that going to get along with that are other big south American cichlids and other large catfish. Get them all use to each other while small. It can be very difficult to introduce adults and get them to live together.

Typical fish would be a jack dempsey, a firemouth, a zebra cichlid, but you can use almost any of them. Don't overcrowd them, since they will grow and get large.

Talon33

I love the jack dempsey but i fear the agression may be a problem...they have an eletric blue jack dempsey and they had to take him out of the tank because he was too aggressive. Do you know anything about the Green Terror?

bsheller

There are different severums that could be added to the red. Rotkiel, gold, and I have seen redlines in turqoise and blue.