suggestions needed

caseymilby

Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris) seems to be the type of clownfish i have by looking at photos i would like to get a anemone for it what would be the best type and where can i find it i have 2 of these clowns and i have a coral beauty angel fish that is all thats in my tank i have a 30 gallon tank my pumps and filters are capable of doing 3 times that amount

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris) seems to be the type of clownfish i have by looking at photos i would like to get a anemone for it what would be the best type and where can i find it i have 2 of these clowns and i have a coral beauty angel fish that is all thats in my tank i have a 30 gallon tank my pumps and filters are capable of doing 3 times that amount

there are no guarantees that any clown will go to an anemone and there is no absolute "need" to supply one for them, anem's require a very good knowledge of water keeping and the correct lighting to survive our tanks, if your new to keeping tanks I would suggest you wait a bit longer, adjust the needs of the tank and educate yourself more on keeping anemones

catran

Keep in mind, you need to have an established tank for an anemone, preferably 12 months. We've seen many posts where nems have died in new tanks. Of course then, proper lighting. I waited a year and my percula's love bubble tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blue Space

I'd recommend a bta! lol :D They're one of the more hardier species. I have an onyx perc and she loves her btas.

There no guarantees it will host your clown though. I think it's up to the clown whether it wants to hang out near the power head or some other favorite spot like mine did until after introduction of the nem. After introduction of the nem it took a good week before the clown showed any interest. Then all of a sudden the nem moved from where I originally placed it and the clown went back to the power head and stayed there for almost two months. One morning I noticed that the clown was in the anemone again who was now in its favorite spot and she’s been there ever since. So while the nem moved directly to where it wanted to be, I spent a couple months wondering if the clown would ever go back to it or not.

But as Sas and Cat recommended don't get a nem until your tank is about a year old. Make sure you have proper lighting. Nems don't do well in new tanks and when they die they can nuke your entire tank. While your passing the time do your homework and read up on the different types.