Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Hiya mucker ! Just reading your thread. So, the S650 looks as though it's reaching the end? I'm getting the itch to get another tank. I'm now firmly settled back in the UK. Due to financial commitments etc I'm looking at the new Max Nano G2XL. I have a perfect spot for it in the kitchen/diner. It's obviously not as spectacular as the old S-650, but I think I could still make it look very nice to satisfy my fish and coral cravings.
Hi ya, just spotted this, I was in the Maldives when you posted it and that was more interesting! Lol

The S650 is still ok, but I’ve done a major removal of old overgrown corals, and the left hand side is looking bare at the moment

When I feel like it, I will frag some corals out if the large system into the S650, but I’m not feeling the ‘love‘ at the moment.

Oh and one of the light power supplies blew the other day, the last replacement was 2021 so about 3 years old. And I’m expecting some others to go as well.

At some point, and probably in the event of something expensive going like lights, I will have to make a decision on wether to move the fish out into the big house, but for the moment all is fine. I enjoy watching both tanks every evening still, just turn off the TV and chill out, so part of me is getting lazy, but I enjoy watching them so much so…..

PS. Please keep in touch as well.