settle this argument...

Last edited:

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Posted the actual pics for you on the thread... makes it easier for people to view. I'm not into clams so you got me... :dunno:

clams1007.jpg

clams1006.jpg

Witfull

lfs is wrong, 2 things to look at, one and most important,,,shell scutes, maximas are long and pronounced,,croceas are more ribbed. second, on the mantle, croceas are very commonly seen with the oval markings, where maximas are commonly striated and wide spaced patterns.

Thanks everyone!

I have been wanting clams for soo soo long. So I am hooked! I might even venture out to get some at another LFS where I noticed some wonderfull specimens.

Thanks for the link, I had actually come across an individual page of that link, but couldn't get to "home".

Question though - is it my misunderstanding, or is the pic of the crocea gapping?

mps9506

Probably want to move those bad boys up to the rockwork as well so they can attach. They don't do as well on the fine sand beds, but can get by on coarse shells or crushed coral. But stick em on the rocks to attach so they stay nice and healthy.

Thanks for the tip - actually did that last night - after I took the pics. Except the biggest one went for a trip - so he seems happy on a curved piece of lettuce rock.