Sebea reproduction

Imperial

My Sebae anemone is getting really big and sting some surrounding corals. My question is... Can you frag a Sebae or do you have to wait until they split?

thanks

pyxis

imperial, I am not certain, but i know a few people that have started the splitting process for the sebaes. they took a razor blade and slit it from the foot up. Now wether or not thats the proper way to go about it, im not sure. but they have had success doing it that way.

Imperial

Yeah I've heard that about some anemones too but I'm not sure about sebaes. Anybody have any experience with sebaes?

Maxx

Imperial,
Ive heard of Magnificent Anemones splitting in captivity, (H. malu) but I really dont know the circumstances surrounding it. You might try searching here for answers to that question. There is a guy named Minh Nguyen who had his anemone split. He just recently lost it, but not because of the split. Might want to ask him specificaly. Let us know what you find out.
Best of luck,
Nick

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Yes Maxx

I would suggest Traveller7, the mod on that forum. I talked to him the other day on the phone. This guy is nuts. He has 1,200 gal for breeding clowns and raising anemones . His RO puts out 125 psi and 500 gal / day :D He breeds and raises rare and exotic clowns, to include the more normal clowns. He has had lots of experience with most carpets