seahorse diet

MRETTIN283

I have my seahorses eating brine. Should I add anything to their diet? Or are they all right eating the brine?

lcstorc

Absolutely.
Brine has almost no nutrition. It is often compared to popcorn for humans. You can gut load the brine with vitamins etc if that is all they will eat but mysis is a far better choice. I never had any problem getting mine to eat mysis plain or soaked in garlic.

laracrofe

Has been struck by the ban stick
Seahorses feed on brine shrimp, tiny fish and plankton. A seahorse sucks in food through its long snout, and is continually feeding. Seahorses have no teeth and swallow live food whole.

jski711

Live mysis. A lot of people with mandarins have the same problem because they too are slow and methodical eaters. Mysis is a much much better choice. Is there anyone that has horses trained on pellets?

Jake

jski711

Sorry I didn't mean live mysis, I ment frozen. My brain was thinking but my fingers weren't following.....

panmanmatt

Seahorses feed on brine shrimp, tiny fish and plankton. A seahorse sucks in food through its long snout, and is continually feeding. Seahorses have no teeth and swallow live food whole.

Sorry but seahorses don't feed on brine shrimp. Seahorses feed on shrimp and shrimp larvae along with pods but their main staple diet is shrimp.

Brine shrimp come from saltwater lakes and seahorses come from the ocean. No way can they feed on brine shrimp.

panmanmatt

Live mysis. A lot of people with mandarins have the same problem because they too are slow and methodical eaters. Mysis is a much much better choice. Is there anyone that has horses trained on pellets?

Jake

Pellets are not recognized as food by seahorses. A few breeders have tried with their younger horses but no luck so far.

Sorry but seahorses don't feed on brine shrimp. Seahorses feed on shrimp and shrimp larvae along with pods but their main staple diet is shrimp.

Brine shrimp come from saltwater lakes and seahorses come from the ocean. No way can they feed on brine shrimp.

that aint no proof! i feed my shark beef. i've never seen a cow in the ocean. lol