Scuba Certified.

Cartman89

Yup title says it all. Well I took courses with NAUI and PADI.... NAUI I failed and PADI I passed. :thumbup: Though I was 12 when I was with NAUI. But hey I'm certified and I'm going to take the advance open water course soon.

Cartman89

I think the fish knew me down there lol. It was cool, I got to feed them clams down there. The fish let me pet them but they had to bite me back (I guess thats a fair trade? lol).

Cougra

Congrats on the certification. I hope you enjoy the advanced openwater course as well. I wish I could go diving more often but the person who was suppose to become my dive buddy got married and had a kid instead and now can't afford to go diving.

I'm actually surprised that they let you feed the fish when you were done there for the open water dives. In our course we were taught that feeding the fish wasn't a good practice because it could upset balance of the ecosystem. The one thing that was stressed the most on our course was not to touch, feed or alter anything in any way.

Cartman89

Final check out dive was at table rock lake. Cougra, We feed the fish only for maybe a minute then we went on with are buisness but the fish seemed to follow us.

Cougra

LOL yeah I can believe that. They are very curious animals that don't seem to have a lot of fear of us big ackward looking creatures that emit a lot of noise and bubbles! I always wonder if the fish are laughing at us when we are down there. They seem to know that we don't pose that big of a threat to them.

When I was doing my cert I had a crawfish that either didn't like my glove or was testing to see if it was food but it wouldn't let go. My instructor was laughing at me as I had to remove my mask, put it back on and clear it all with a crayfish attacking my glove! He did give me extra credit for the excersize though!

I did my openwater dives at Fathom Five National Marine Park in Tobermory Ontario (On Georgian Bay). I went at the "best" time of year when the bottom temperature was a warm 13-16C (55-60F)