Rsm 250 - So Awesome

martmanicus

The twin cooling fans plug into a switch on the timer control panel, rather than into a separate power source as they do on the M130. If the fans need replacing it is very simple as they come with a quick disconnect jack plug so it couldn't be easier.

HI Steve,

First time posting and first time looking to buy a salt water tank. I'm looking to pick up a 250 in Vancouver Canada but so far I haven't actually seen any of the 250 tanks even on display. Lots of the 130's but no 250s. Are they released in Canada? Where can I get a list of the distributors in Vancouver?

Tiffany

Rue: It is coming along great. I added a couple of new corals. I will post pictures this weekend. Sun coral is still looking great – last night I used my camera to film them eating and was able to catch my coral banded shrimp stealing the shrimp from the polyps…it was sad but pretty cool to watch. Now I just have to get the video from the camera to the computer.

Tiffany

Campbuzz98: Like Stevh said, the fan plugs directly into the control panel. The fans are easily snapped into, or out of, place. If you’d like I can take and post pictures.

LimoMan

Does anyone know what the evaporation rate is on the 250? My 130 evap rate is about 1 to 1 1/2 litres a day. Thanks!

steveh

The evap rate depends very much on whether you need to run the additional water cooling fans. The M250 actually runs cooler than the M130 or 130D, so if you have a relatively cool room you may not require the cooling fans to be on. We have designed the M250 so it will also run with significant evaporation without running dry, so you can leave it for several days.

Tiffany

I add a total of 3 gallons each week.

The first two days the temperature stayed right at 80 degrees, then I realized I hadn’t plugged in the cooling fans (blonde moment). So, plugged them in and now it stays at a constant 78. The ambient temperature in the house stays at 70 during the evening hours and down to 66 during the day (when the house heater is off).

It will be interesting to see what happens this summer. I’m guessing I will need to invest in a chiller as our temperatures often surpass 100 degrees (I keep the temp in the house at 78 during summer).

We’ll have to wait and see. :)