Pretty Much Sold on Biocube 29

untilthen

awesome pics dude... tank looks great... like those orange zoos...

fishhead sorry to hear about ur problems... trust me alot of michigan reefers are bailing out their tanks as well... its gettin real tuff... hope u can jump back in eventually

Ok so the previous shots were taken with my mom's point-n-shoot digital elph because my Sony SLR didn't have a macro lens. I got a cheap macro lens today and I'm TRYING to take pics. Why can't this be easy? HAH
Toadstool Leather Coral/Sarcophyton Polyps
sarcophyton_polyp.jpg

My LMB and GSP
lmblenny.jpg

Kenya Tree that had recently died and apparently is rising from the ashes
kenyatree.jpg

Blue Dot Sleeper Goby w/ GSP (everyone loves the GSP haha)
goby_gsp.jpg

Some sort of leather coral?
fingerleather.jpg

Eagle Eyes and Such
eagleeyez.jpg

My duncan and nuclear greens...duncan is growing!
duncan_nucgreen.jpg

The whole crammed tank :)
fts.jpg

Tank is looking great. Those macro lenses really do bring out the best in the coral pics!!

I've still got my 8 gallon cube, it's a work in progress!!! I snatched a few corals from my big tank before I sold it off...things are really taking off under the 8 gallon Bio Cube lighting as compared to my old 29BC..."I Likey!!"

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

Wow, coming up on the one year anniversary...I think...took a couple quick iPhone pics, so excuse the quality. Full Tank shots...regular lighting sans 10K and then just actinics.
photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Basile

Hmm...maybe I'll have to move into the chronicle now? Kinda forgot to take pictures in the boring stages, but stocked up on R/O water from WalMart. The looks were priceless lmao! Gonna need some more live rock, but at least it's a start.
The Wagons
2662030685_ae62cb8450.jpg

The Trunk
2662856816_51a47a2c15.jpg

Empty (hey, a bottle of goose is still there)
2662856868_64a6ddce12.jpg

Cloudy
2662030607_590b6bbe38.jpg

Cloudy with Night Lighting haha
2662029337_35e66c286b.jpg

I got some tips for you, at my thread hope it helps, good luck.And welcome into a larger world.http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/39874-chris-29-biocube-trials-errors-before-65-g.html#post569340

Hey Chris...right, Chris? LOL. Everything is going OK...It is a lot of fish for the 29, but they are happy...at least from what they tell me :). I bought a few at a time and then realized, whoa... Once the clowns grow, I am going to have to do something. The clowns are always hiding, so you rarely see how many fish are in the tank until the feeding time! Clowns are doing the 'dance' and my Cardinals did have eggs for a bit but I think the daddy didn't do a good job holding on to them...sounds like baby fever!

Basile

Hey Chris...right, Chris? LOL. Everything is going OK...It is a lot of fish for the 29, but they are happy...at least from what they tell me :). I bought a few at a time and then realized, whoa... Once the clowns grow, I am going to have to do something. The clowns are always hiding, so you rarely see how many fish are in the tank until the feeding time! Clowns are doing the 'dance' and my Cardinals did have eggs for a bit but I think the daddy didn't do a good job holding on to them...sounds like baby fever!

If clowns are always hiding its not a good sign. Like i said lots of fish, they maybe hiding because it the only place not taken by others . Got to make a choice here, up to you.

they hide with the cardinals together in the back...and the blenny and the goby in the front...it's actually pretty funny how the cardinals and clowns are together.

Took a few pics, here they are.
The acans I got from ReefKoi...AWESOME...working on turning my newly acquired pico into an all acan garden of sorts:
IMG_1712.jpg

My buddy loves hanging with my acans:
IMG_1706.jpg

there he is, posing:
IMG_1710.jpg

another buddy...he wreaks havoc on the sandbed :)
IMG_1708.jpg

the balanos are back out:
IMG_1709.jpg

ughh looking at this thread is so depressing...i loved some of these buddies that i lost in the crash :(...the tank is bank though...and LED-lit...a month or so back into the game here is an FTS to hold you over...RIP to the little ones that didn't survive my stupidity.
tank_fts_daylight.jpg

I have documented it somewhere on here...basically overnight my lovely looking nudibranch must've gotten caught in my koralia nano...not sure if that's what killed the tank or the toxicity from ALL the bristle worms dying because of it...yikes.

Been a long while eh? So I figured why not post a little update for those fellow Biocube owners out there. Right now I am in the midst of setting up a frag tank (and have most of my nicer frags in my pico), but this is my man tank of 'life'.
DSC04594.jpg

I got rid of the Tunze skimmer (traded it for a bunch of cool frags woo) which never really worked for me and picked up a very affordable Mini Skimmer 115 from Aquatic Life which has been fantastic! So for the heck of it below is a list of equipt and such.

Lighting: PacificSun 90W Python LED
Skimmer: Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer 115
Pump: MaxiJet 1200
Powerhead: Koralia Nano
ATO: JBJ ATO with 5.5 AGA reservoir (using stock BC29 pump)

The Fish: Doni's "Grade C" Clown, Lawnmower Blenny, Bangaii Cardinal, Linear Blenny
The Inverts: Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Peppermint Shrimp (2x), Porcelain Crab, Emerald Crab, Mithrax Crab (hitchhiker for about a year and no problems), Hawaiian Halloween Hermit, several blue-legged hermits, cerith snails, nerite snails, turbo snails, nassarius snails
There's a bunch of coral, so if you have any specific questions let me know :).