Predator Tank

Forney54

Lion Fish, definitely a dwarf species, and a ghost eel.

What kind of clean up is safe?

I was thinking some urchin and maybe an emerald crabs, any other ideas?

It will be a 55 gal, 20 gal sump/wet/dry, a corallife super skimmer, and a power filter from years back with phosphate remover, carbon, biopellets. And a chamber with mangrove and chaeto algea.

michael_cb_125

If you do not plan on adding any triggers, puffers or large wrasse species, you can add pretty much any invert you want. Just be sure to add any shrimp before you add the fish.

~Michael

Forney54

But i have read the lion fish will eat any shrimp almost immediately. And with a tank upgrade, i will get a Huma Trigger.

Dakota1231

I had a skunk cleaner shrimp in with a snowflake eel for about a year they were best buds and a lion fish and next day shrimp was gone

Forney54

No one really answered my question...at all. My stock list is

Lion Fish(Dwarf Variant 8 in max)
Ghost Eeel(40 in max, but very small in daiameter)
Huma Trigger(10 in max)

What kind of critter clean up crew would be safest, I was thinking in the way of urchins, and maybe some Stars. Any other ideas for the CLEAN UP CREW not stock

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Typical CUC snails and hermits will do, You can do stars and urchins as well. That is what I always used in my predator tanks, shrimp will parish quickly but everything else is ok.

If they are fed it's very unlikely they will bother trying to get snails and hermits out of their shells.