Powder Blue Tang - healthy??

Here is a pic of a friends PBT that he just got. He doesn't have access to his internet right now so asked me for opinions.

Sorry the pic is blurry but this guy is a quick mover. Does he look ok? He is grazing off the LR - not too interested in Nori yet but does eat some Mysis as well.

034copy.jpg

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Looks very thin maybe try soaking food in garlic for him or even ramain lettuce or zuccini that is wha is feed @ the wholesalers to get them to eat

cioutlaw

I agree...looks skinny. I would also try to feed multiple times per day at least till it gets fatter. Might try moving the Nori in different places till the fish learns where its at. new Tangs take awhile to figure it out sometimes.

He has a clip on the side, plus puts a sheet of nori out sandwiched between a LR and rubble just in case he is doesn't want to use the clip. But he is eating, while I was there, he was grazing off the rocks and eating the nori as much as he was grazing off the rocks. As well as the mysis.

DrHank

You may want to soak the nori in selcon. It will help his immune function. Also try red and purple nori. Tangs seem to go nuts for the red.

leebca

I'd recommend to your Friend to not buy fish in this condition. Your friend may want a print out of this post, for things to consider why buying or acquiring a new fish: Should I buy that fish?.

Especially for Tangs, I'd recommend a quarantine process to teach them what to eat and to make sure they don't bring disease into your marine system.