Pics of my 115 gallon and it's construction

mps9506

Greg,
I'm moving to a new apartment in two months, you wanna come up and build me something just like yours? ;)

ggee1

Ha!, lol you supply the beer and I will be there lol!! Believe me this one caused me to consume many. I've added some frags of Birdcage coral a few days ago and tomorrow is a 3 hour trip to the LFS in Miami for a look see!

ggee1

Not sure actually, I would like to get a good selection of SPS in there. I guess I might have to wing it as I go. :)

mps9506

You guys don't know me very well...
I have a fridge always full of beer and run a pet store that always has frags!!! I also get a good deal on Crown and cokes at my favorite drinking establishment if you prefer liqour :D
We are going to have to put togther a build Mike a stand party :)

mattie

RS Sponsor
i like it...
the fact the saved a perfectly good tank and made it new again
your homemade stand and canopy... i too really like the tiles i saw them at home depot and thought how cool . wow you did it well by applying them to the stand

ggee1

yeah Mattie, I'm pretty pleased by the way that it turned out! The tiles really make the tank! Just got back from Miami and picked up a nice piece of Frogspawn and 5 little Blue Chromis, can't wait to see how things turn out once I place them in the tank.

Mike you might have a deal :) lol Looks like it's going to be a party! We may talk about Frags though! I would like to buy some from you to try in my tank down the road here if that's possible ? :)

I will have pictures of the new arrivals here shortly!

ggee1

Well these pictures are not the best by any standards but here are a couple. I have already had to casualties due to my oversight! I had a Grey Snapper in the tank as a test fish and I never thought of taking it out first before adding the Chromis...... well lets just say he was well fed before I caught him. I had to use a fish hook and some shrimp and after two hours had the little sucker removed for good! I hope the Frogspawn opens up and doesn't decide to croak on me!

100_1396.JPG
100_1391.JPG

Birdsnest Frag I picked up too!

100_1372.JPG

Last edited:

ggee1

He ate two of them, now I'm down to 4 left! I had to run to Kmart and get $25.00 worth of fishing line, hooks and shrimp! Little snapper cost me more then he was worth! :( I checked on the little guys this morning and they look ok, so hopefully they will make it!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice stand & canopy!! I too like the darker blue trim. Very good job!

I see you have a sgt major damsel... I used to have several in my 125 gal tank a long time ago. I caught them off of the dock in Islamarada while on vacation. :D I eventually took them to a lfs because they grew extremely large and became aggressive.

mps9506

No problem Greg. If you see anything in my gallery that you would like frags of let me know( A few are not fragable yet and you will want towait until I finish my red bug treatment). I also have plenty of Montipora cap frags, orange/red and green with purple rim.
Just lemme know when you are ready and we will work something out.

ggee1

Thanks Mike,

I will let you know here shortly!

Woodstock,

I plan on getting rid of the sargent major as well..... very aggressive and will not allow anything to go into the tank without a fight! It's days are numbered too and will be released back to the sea! ;)

ggee1

The frogspawn opened fully today, any special needs that any of you can see that I should be aware of besides what is found in the knowledge base?
100_1399.JPG