Phos levels

mr_tap_water

Just out of interest what do you guys use to control your Phos levels and have you found one that work better than others and tell us your experiences.

I myself have always been a big lover of Rowa Phos but not getting the results I always used to get years ago before they changed something in the media ,I just can't seem to get a zero reading out of my reactor even though I've put new in from the beginning and on the lowest shimmer,
so I've been thinking of changing over to phosguard to see if I get a better result.

So what do you use and what are your experiences with Phos removers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frisbee

Well I've never really compared different types of GFO, but I have been using the Seachem Phosguard for a little over a year now with some great results. I just throw the media into a small mesh bag and run it passively in my overflow. This is replaced once every two weeks and so far so good. I do however give it a good rinse before applying it though. There seems to be a lot of horror stories out there regarding aluminum dust irritating the corals.

Pat24601

This is one of those things where who knows if it is true, but Seachem phosnet (not phosguard) has given me very positive results where other Gfo products have not.

I know it sounds like one of those things where phosnet may have just luckily been what I was running when my problems came under control and that could be true, but I stuck with it.