Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razorvines

i had a local shop cut me a piece for my 75 and i got away with a bill of around 20.00 for a 1/4" piece not bad.

Was that a side piece? This is on the back and the only quote I have gotten so far is the $125. For that much I will let it go for a reptile tank and get $30 for it.

BigJay

I thought the quote sounded high but it might be because your asking them to drill it. To get a guy to drive all the way to a jobsite.. remove a broken pane... cut new pane and repair window the total would be about $150. So $125 just to cut a piece of glass inside the warehouse souds a tad high. But who knows just might be the way it is in your neck of the woods.

razorvines

Yeah I am going to call back today and verify. Now if they come out and replace it for $125, I just might have to fork it out!

Varga

I agree with Brenda. I got a 55G for $20!! Craigs List. You can find them even for free.

x3 on DO NOT attach acrylic to glass.

razorvines

Yesterday I was reading in the DIY section about drilling it myself. So I may just get the piece of glass, then drill and install myself it it is that cheap.

razorvines

Wouldn't it be cheaper and safer to buy a new tank for $125? I bought my brand new 75 for under $125

I priced a new 75 yesterday and it was $225. I have been watching CL, but am not in a hurry. I had an older 75 that I setup for now, but it is all scratched up. I really want a 90 for the additional height.

Varga

Nice...don't need edges polished, just have them sand the edges so you can handle the piece.

razorvines

Yeah I looked back, and realized I had gone down the list and the third number I dialed was the first one to answer which was Glass Dr. So I am guessing that was probably to drill it, bring it out and install it.