Newly certified!!!!!!!

Me and my brother in law just got PADI certified! :contract: And we are going to cabo san lucas for a wedding Oct 2nd! Any suggestions first time in the ocean!
Shawn:smirk:

Cougra

marinelover said:
Me and my brother in law just got PADI certified! :contract: And we are going to cabo san lucas for a wedding Oct 2nd! Any suggestions first time in the ocean!
Shawn:smirk:
Congratulations!

I agree with Dave, make sure you go diving with someone experienced who can explain what you need to know about diving in the ocean. It's not that different from freshwater dives, however you'll need more weights because you are more boyant. The other thing that I had a hard time getting used to during my first saltwater dives was the taste of the water! Make sure that you bring plenty of fresh drinking water so you can rince your mouth out after each dive and rehydrate yourself! If at all possible go swimming in the ocean at least once or twice before going diving if you don't want everyone else on dive laughing at you when you come up spitting water and making faces about how horrible the water tastes!