New Nano!!!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
A couple months ago, I bought a canary blenny, and it died a few days later which was the beginning of the string of over $100 worth of livestick dieoff, luckily nothing that I had for over 3 months, so I wasn't too emotionally attached. Anyways a couple weeks ago, I re setup my 2.5 nano to try and keep my mind off the huge loss, and to keep me from messing with my 50 too much. But the 2.5 again was starting to have probelms with too much flow, and too much detrius coming from nowhere, so I took a trip to petsmart and bought one of those $29.99 5 gallon acrylic flat back hex kits to put in its place. I also bought 5#'s of new rock for it, cause the rock in the 2.5 was fugly (I need to get one more small peice of LR, but I nabbed the last 4 small ones the LFS had) I decided to go BB with this one too, hoping it goes better. For the lighting, I managed to strip and retrofit the 2x9w coralife fixture perfectly replacing the yellow T5 bulb. The tank kit also came with a tetra internal power filter that I took apart to find it was run by a tiny powerhead that I now use to move detrius out of the back.

Right now, I am using the new tank to "quarentine" the latest purchase for the 50, 2 blue chromis and 1 greenish blue chromis.

Here are the pics:D Those aren't scratches btw, they're just air bubbles.

16P8250008.JPG

16P8250005.JPG

wooddood

the wood dude
:D looks very good the aquascaping looks great. keep the pics coming when you start stocking it. good luck.

dave.;)

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Thanks for the nice comments:)

No starboard...too much hassle, plus I don't mind the look of the BB, other than that funky little injection mold spot on the bottom:D

The filter is just an aquaclear 150 that I had lying around.

As for the aqua scaping, I was really picky about the rocks I chose, so I am pleased with how it turned out, but I still need one more small rock to go right in front of the filter siphon tube, probably similar in shape to the one on top, next to the heater. I am taking a trip to the LFS tomorrow to get the background, and another peice of rock, if they have a peice that meets the standards that is:D

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by fidojoe
I am taking a trip to the LFS tomorrow to get the background, and another peice of rock, if they have a peice that meets the standards that is:D

Sounds dangerous, er, expensive. JK It's always dicey on the wallet o go into those places, eh?:D

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Yeah, normally, but I was on a mission:D I spent $3 in Petsmart on the blue backdrop and $6.50 in the LFS on the rock, I was very proud of myself for not buying an RBTA for $35 as tempting as it was...

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Updated pic...

I now have a total of 6.6#'s of rock in there. I still have to siphon the garbage off the bottom that the powerhead in the back so effectively moves up front. I am dosing kalk to try and keep the coraline going to get rid of the glare and the shiney blue background.

165g8-27-04-2.jpg

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Just an update pic...
One chromis I had to send to the big tank in the sky cause he looked like he was paralized and couldn't swim, the other two are in the 50 happy and healthy, I had to take em out along with my snails cause the tank started to go through a small cycle cause an unnoticed sponge died off. I also put some macro in there to help fight off the diatoms. Enough rambling heres the pic:)
16nano.JPG

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Just updates:D So far, I have removed the chromis and added a purple pseudochromis and a few corals from my 50.
16nano1.jpg

16nano2.jpg