New Favorite Fish "Blue"

reefhusker

Got this new BSJF yesterday. He was burrowing within 2 minutes after he was added. He's made a giant burrow under a big rock in the middle of the tank with tunnels exiting around the perimeter of the rock in 3 different places.
How soon till he should eat?
How often does he need to be fed?
Is this a fish that I will rarely see, because so far he's only seen peeking out of one of his holes!
Good thing I got this pic of him while drip acclimating him! He's probably 2.5 - 3 inches long.
DSC00556.jpg

tnwillia

He's going to be shy till he learns the tank and who is in it. I target fed mine at first once a day. Later, he knows when the dinner bell rings and comes running. He will know where his holes are but after a while he'll be out and about a lot. Mine seems to be going 24/7. If he sleeps I've never seen it. Remember he's a jumper when spooked and that can happen at any time, keep your top covered. Beautiful fish, Congrats!

reefhusker

Thanks for the good advice Tom. I put some Rods Food right above his den with a turkey baster earlier today but that didn't get him out. i suppose I'll keep trying this every day. I hope hes eating!

Thanks for the good advice Tom. I put some Rods Food right above his den with a turkey baster earlier today but that didn't get him out. i suppose I'll keep trying this every day. I hope hes eating!

Nice fish!

Mine was the same. Been Six days now.

Day one I left him alone and he watched from his hole as the others ate.

Day two he watched again and when the others were finished I target fed him some mysis, But what he took he spit back at me.

Day three he put himself in a better position to grab food from his hole and snatched a few.

Day four he built a tunnel up front and was getting a decent share.

next two days were the same. Seems more relaxed, but still to uptight with the commotion at feeding time to leave the hole.

Enjoy, I'm sure yours will calm down soon.

-JOHN