New 75 setup

jks1

Alright guys I'm in the planning stages for my 75g SPS and clam reef. Just want you to shoot some holes in this if needed. Right now I only have the tank. I plan to drill for three 1 1/2" overflows (one capped) and two 3/4" returns. Plan for one overflow in each back corner and am connecting one return to a spraybar and the other to some directional outlets.

Lighting will be 2 250W PFO HQI 10K with 2 55W T5 actinics.

Going to make my own sump/'fuge so if you have a good picture of one you like pls post it.

Other equip=
Aqua C EV180 skimmer w/ mag 9.5 pump
Korallin 1502 Calc reactor
Aquamedic Titan 150 chiller w/ dual stage controller
2 350W Titanium pro heaters (one as back-up)
Main pump will be Sedra 1200A

What do you think? Am i missing anything? And Happy Thanksgiving!!!

swissgaurd

sounds good but
the spray bar can be a high maintenance item.what usually can happen with the holes is they plug up with coraline algae.

vic

Maxx

JKS1,
just allow for the disassembly of the spraybar in your design.
I'm planning on a spray bar in the set-up I showed you earlier. I am planning on being able to do 2 things to counter act the over growth/ clogging of the spray bar.
First is to blast a higher pressure water stream through it on a weekly basis to blow encrusting crap off of it. The spray bar will be on a closed loop and will be powered by an older Iwaki pump that I have and wanted to use. It is is powerful enough that I dont want to use it on the spray bar only, so the flow will be diverted to some other outlets on top. I will be able to shut of the flow to the outlets on top via ball valve, and re-route all the flow thru the spray bar. If this doesnt work for you, I would suggest purchasing schedule 80 niples/risers that are MPT, (Male Pipe Threaded) and some end caps that are FPT, (female pipe threaded) this way the end caps can be screwed on to finger tightness, and removed shuold you need to get inside and scrub things out on a monthly basis. your not really worried about the water tight seal for this since its inside the tank and any pressure leakage through the threads will be minimal.
Just my thoughts.
Nick

jks1

thanks Nick, i appreciate the suggestions- i think i will go with the finger tight design