Need Help on Deciding if I should get this tank

Talon33

Hey everyone, I have been looking for a fish tank to be a Quarntine tank then it will be a FOWLR tank, probably predatory. It is a 75 gallon with a stand and a glass top. It is not drilled but it comes with a Reef Octopus BH2000 hang on skimmer. Right now he is asking 300. What do you all think?

theplantman

If its in good shape it sounds like a good deal. Very big for a qt though. You will go through alot of salt though. A 20 would make a better qt i would think.

Talon33

yeah i agree its big but it would make a good tank for my room as my big one is downstairs, cant have too many tanks right lol

Wyspur

If its in good shape it sounds like a good deal. Very big for a qt though. You will go through alot of salt though. A 20 would make a better qt i would think.

+1, I would personally do a 40g for a qt. How big is your display tank? I mean if you have a 400g+ tank then I can see using the 75g as you would or could be adding alot more fish and inverts at once.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
It sounds like a decent deal assuming its in good enough shape. The main thing about getting a QT tank (if you're only going to have one) is that you want it sized for the largest fish you think you'll get. As the plantman said, you'll go through a lot of salt (do the $ math) to keep a 75 going for a clownfish.

Personally, I have 3 different size tanks and i fit that for the fish i'm QT'ing.

In the end, I prefer to just buy from Divers Den when you add up all the costs.

Good luck and kudos for QT'ing.

Bryan