My fishes died! :waa:

Midway

:( I've been on vacations :) and left my precious freshwater tank in my mother's hands :smack: to keep them while I was out, I returned yesterday only to find a muddy-greenish-slimmy "water" into my tank, :eek: and 7 of my 8 little creatures floating upside-down... It was really messy...
:explode:
They died by overfeeding and a filter that got jammed by the food... :apint: :yummy: :apint: :yummy:
I'm so sad :(
I could only save one "Goldfish" from the mess.

Sorry if I posted this here but I'm really sad. :waa:

One minute of silence in honor to 3 Kenyi Cichlid, 3 Zebra Cichlid and a Paku Piranha. May the fishes-heaven welcomes them. :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2: :tears: :angel2:

Sadly....
Midway.
:cry1:

mwrager

That is one of my biggest fears, When I go on vacation, my kids will over feed my tanks. Sorry to hear about your loss.

TDEVIL

sorry to here that,
i have my mom watch the tank, and the whole month before we go i bombard her with the info, every year ;)

td

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:( Sorry for your loses!!!

I opt not to let anyone feed my tank while i'm away because I'm afraid they'll get overfed! You could buy one of those auto feeders. I've heard they work well.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I usually don't go out of town that often, but when I do, I make a check list, and I make sure that the fish only get one cube of food a day. Thats why I like the frozen food brands that package the food in trays with individual cubes.

ScottT1980

Sorry to hear it midway, I actually let a friend take care of my FW fish while I was out of the country for 3 weeks. Came home to a water temp of 54 and all of my fish dead except for my invincible Jack Dempsy that I still have to this day...

I wish you the best and will send some karma your way!

Take er easy
Scott T.

Sad to hear of your loss :(

Yep, I prepackaged daily food rations for mine before leaving town[frozen]. I know the fish-sitter wanted to make sure the fish were good and feed a little more [even though I said not to].

We're getting together a `reefer assistance' line in our local reef club ... so you can volunteer to get calls and help out other's tanks when they're gone. Even if a neighbor kid is feeding the fish and cats - this way they can call someone if something looks wrong.

Beyond frags - I hope this gets into effect as it would be one more plus to a reef club ...

Midway

Thanks to all for your support and your advices, now I'll be starting a daily book to write everything it happens to my lonely goldfish, I'll write some diets and a FAQ to the fishsitter just in case I'll ever go on vacations more than a week...

Thanks again to all ...

Sadly...
Midway.

Gina

RS STAFF
Very sorry to hear of your loss! We will have a delima this summer of who are we going to get to take care of our tank. Looks like the neighbor that was is going to be moving away and all of Marks relatives live about 30-45 mins away.:(

johnlewis

This is my fear as well right now I am on a trip with my family and I usually leave them in the care of my wife, like my children. Now they are being watched by my niece whom is really good with dogs but may not be to interested in my reef. I hope I am wrong I've called three time in the last three days. I am sorry for your loss. I lost a fish just before I left, so it's fresh in my mind.

Again, sorry for your loss