My BTA is climbing up the glass

Icebox

I just got home from class and found my BTA had climbed all the way up the side of the tank. It is now just beneath the water line hanging out.

I wish I had a dig camera to take a pict of it. Hmm, Where will he go next? LOL

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
It will travel around until it finds a suitable place to it's liking. It may stay there or decide to move on.

That is one of the big problems with anenomes as during their travels they can sting other corals which is not good!:)

Also if you have PH's or overflow boxes in the tank be aware of them getting caught in those as well!:)

BoomerD

Don'tcha just HATE it when that happens? I have a BTA clone from my big BTA that I put in a different tank. It decided to become a traveler, got into the 1.5" suction screen of one of my Maxi-Jet powerheads. Thought they were big enough that that would'nt happen, but it did. Looked like crap for a couple of months, but managed to pull thru. Decided that it liked living in the surface skimmer box for my Remora pro. I've changed skimmers on that tank to an in-sump unit, but have left the big ugly black box in there for the anemone. Keep hoping it will move out so I can remove the box, but so far, no luck. Oh well, at least it looks good & eats well.

ScottT1980

I will trade you your BTA for mine. Mine stay stationary but would probably take up a third of your tank (as it takes up almost half of mine some days). FWIW, you can have my maroon too. ;)

Take er easy
Scott T.

mwrager

Originally posted by Montanareefer
It will travel around until it finds a suitable place to it's liking. It may stay there or decide to move on.

That is one of the big problems with anenomes as during their travels they can sting other corals which is not good!:)

Also if you have PH's or overflow boxes in the tank be aware of them getting caught in those as well!:)

Mine has done that a few times. I now have 4 BTA's in my tank and one of them is splitting, just keep an eye on it. They can and do get sucked up by PH. I have a screen on mine so that can not happen.

Icebox

I had a ritteri once apon a time that got sucked into a PH, followed shortly by a serpent star, so I then went out and bought screens for all of my Hagen PH's. the Maxi's come with screens, so I am not too concerned about it getting sucked into anything at this point. It is still at the opposite end of the tank from the overflow. So for now it should not be a problem.

I just thought it was funny that it has climbed up the glass.

Scott, I may take yours off your hands, but I am not letting go of mine. It seems to be growing very nicely, and just loves its diet of shrimp and mush.

And who wants your psycho clown?

Icebox

Hey mwrager

Congrates on post number 1000!!!!

I wish mine would split. I keep hoping that it will, though I have not had it for too long so I am not expecting it to split any time soon.

BTW, how often do yours split?

Icebox your BTA is moving around until it find a place with high water flow and strong lighting.If the conditions are perfect they could split quite often.VINA

Icebox

I often thought they liked brighter lights as well, but for the last 6 months or so that I have had him, he has been chilling in the bottom of the tank. I need to point a PH more toward the bottom to see if a little more flow will keep him happy, though I kind of like him on the glass. He is very easy to see! Unlike it when he is hiding in the back under the rocks. lol

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yeah I had a large maroon clown and it loved going down to the sand bed and blast it with it's tail and sand all over everything!:mad:

Icebox

So if your clown draws blood, is that a foul? lol

You know I have not ven taken the time to look at its foot, I will go do that and will try to get a pict tomorrow when the lights come back on. :)