My 10 and 29 Gallon Reefs as of today....(56K BEWARE!)

TomV

Here are some lpics of my 29 and 10 Gallon Reefs...... COMMENTS WELCOME!

The 10 Gallon :
10g117054zc.jpg

The 29 Gallon:
29g1170524kz.jpg

A Button Polyp in my 29g:
18200532819pm00011zd.jpg

BSP and GSP (among other things) in my 10 Gallon:
bsp117052hh.jpg

And finally, a Hermit has adopted a Trimpet Coral:
hermit117055qa.jpg

Thanks for viewing!! And, as always, comments are always welcome!

Images hosted by imageshack.com ... <<Great site! :jumprope: :jumprope: :hallo: :bigbounce :bigbounce

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Cool Tom! I really like the blue shroom colony in the 10 gal and the red shroom colony in the 29 gal!!

TomV

I ran some Seachem Matrix Carbon in my 29g and WOW did the water get clear!!!

Here are some updated pics with how the ultra clear water has had an effect on my corals.

dscf09589gc.jpg

dscf09593ge.jpg

dscf09606uv.jpg

dscf09618it.jpg

dscf09639ze.jpg

dscf0975a2ab.jpg

Tell me what you all think... Is this a POSITIVE change in them? Are they adjusting?

:bigbounce :bigbounce :bigbounce

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I would try to erradicate the caulerpa. It will overrun everything eventually. If you want macro algae and you don't have a sump, go with the non-evassive chaetomorph or ulva - lettuce algae.

Is that an open brain coral in the hermit crab picture? It looks like the tissue is receeding on it exposing the skeleton.

TomV

Yeah, I have to send that caulerpa to my local LFS. They want to trade me stuff for it.

The coral with the hermit is a Trumpet. I found out why it is receding. It has an Aiptasia growing in the top. I want to eradicate the Aiptasia, but I am not sure what effect shooting the calcium mixture on the trumpet would have on the coral itself.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Try "Joe's Juice" or get a hypodermic needle w/syringe and inject it with hot lemon juice. You will loose the trumpet if you don't kill the aiptasia :(

TomV

Well, I just squirted the sucker with a liquid calcium mix. It turned purple and shriveled away. I am pretty sure it's dead.

Now I will wait and see if the trumpet comes back. It didn't look affected by the calcium spray too adversely.