MojoReef's Tank!!!

Witfull

what are you doing next weekend?...lol seriously fantastic! i have admired your tank for some time and have a vision of a similar tank only reversing the "L"

dgasmd

No wonder YOU are the Mojo himself:D :D
Those pictures answered a lot of questions for me. Still do have some though:

-why do you only run your chemical filtration one week per month? Why not all the time?

-how in the world do you get any room to clean the front panels? With the lights on the way and all that plumbing behind the tank it must be a contortionist job:D Now I can see why you fell in a few times:D :eek: :D

-Do you see much benefit from the mangrove trees? When I move and redo my refugium, I may end up scraping the macroalgae and just put 2-3 dozen mangroves there with some of the rock I will be taking out from the tank.

-what are the dimension of the tank's 2 chambers? One seemed smaller than the other front to back.

Awesome.

Alberto

mojoreef

Just a reefer
thanks again for the kind words folks I do appreciate.

Playa I cant wait to see yours buddy.

Wit I have seen the outside L type of tank and its real awesome, I saw one that had a bent inside corner, it was sweet.

Alberto way the water flow is set up and with the skimmer I have its a pretty effective method of xporting nutrients and doc's. The chem filters are used only sparingly when a little build up occurs and the water needs a bit more striping. Corals do need some nutrients (nitrogen/phosphates) so I dont want to have the water stripped bare all the time.

On the lighting system all the lights are mounted on a rail system, so if I need to get into the tank, the whole assemby slides into the other room leaving the tank wide open.

on the mangroves I have no idea if they are doing anything, they are growing so I would guess they are taking something, what and how much wouold be a guess.
Your right on the front to back. the front 8 foot panel is 3 feet front to back and the back 8 foot panel is 2 feet front to back. Had no choice thier because of an electrical panel.

thanks again

Mike

mojoreef

Just a reefer
cward I have managed to get it down to about 7 gallons a day.

here are some more pics from the nice side of the tank
leftsideSM.jpg

rightsideSM.jpg

sideshot.jpg

coralshots.jpg

righ.jpg

mike

Maxx

Four pages worth of posts....you'd think this was gonna be Tank of the Month or something!!!!
Gumhead,
'preciate the link to the thread @ PSAS. Saves me the trouble of posting everything else. I thought about doing that, but this garnered much more attention this way....:D
Mike, you have a world class tank man...I would love to see it in person some day. Dont worry if the opportunity ever arises, I will bring my own mop to clean up the puddles of drool....
Nick

reefshadow

Wow, Mojo-

That's just beautiful. Incredible job.:drooool: Yummmmmmm.

A few more questions? lol:p

How DID you get that past the wife? I have reluctant support with alot of " so how come you need that, and how much was it again?" and "how much?" and oh yeah the obligatory "how much?" :D Sometimes i'm lucky and get some help, but usually it's "on your own, kid, I don't ask you to help with my PA equipment, do I?" j/k :cool: I have a hope that out there somewhere is the perfect reefkeeping couple, where the credit cards are maxed out, there's no regard to the mortgage and kids can wait until after the dream tank is paid for...

How much roughly do you think this cost, and where was your tank made?

Where are you in Washington? I figure you're coastal because of the wet roads, misty skies and pine trees in the pics. I'm on the east side so I pay the lowest rates in the country for power, which leads me to my next question- How much do you figure you pay monthly?

Do you give tours, or do I need to cave in and join the psas? (finally)

Sweeeeeeet :)

Becca:)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Oh my god.....that was just unbelievable. Great going, man! How many Ferraris did you have to sell to set that up? :)

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Thanks again folks. I guess the longer your in this hobby the more stuff you tend to gather. This was a way to finally use it all in one place, lol

Reef shadow its pretty simple when it comes to my wife, as long as she gets equal ammounts its all good. all I have to do is skew the accounting, lol.
Its hard to say what the tank cost, most of the equipment I had and the tank itself was a gift from a builder, then sold the old one and so on. but not alot.
Yep I am in Seattle and you better join up.lol the door is always open for a reef my friend, come on down.

MIke