matingand breeding gold band maroon clowns.

hello,
I currently have 1 gb maroon in my tank. some others (fire gobies) i want to marry( lol) 2 maroons together. has anyone had any experience doing so. i know they change gender and stuff and i want to know if you can marry them and if so what is a good way to do so without them tearing each other apart. also if I get that goal complete i would like to know so tips on how to breed them and grow the babys.
thanx:)

castiel

from what i have heard pairing maroons is very difficult due to them being so aggressive, but as clowns go getting a bigger one and a smaller one and mixing them may work, but again watch out for the aggression from the bigger one.

Roots

yea but like if there both males will they change gender or will they both change females.
Clownfish are all born female and remain female until they choose a mate and the smaller of the pair will become the male. Maroon Clowns are hard to pair. I have a Gold Band Maroon Clown and have tried once to pair her with no success. She was ready to kill the smaller fish as soon as it hit the water. Had I not removed it within the time I did she would have shredded it to pieces. I plan to try again with a fish that is just a tiny bit smaller than her. I think if the size difference is too great, the smaller fish just has no chance. Basically there is going to be some aggression at first no matter what, but if you can find a fish that can hold it's own and not get immediately shredded, but that is small enough that it will submit to the bigger fish, there is a chance that they will pair. Many factors are involved though. Such as:Tank size, length of time the original fish has been in the tank, individual fish personality, mate fish selection, whether or not there is a host anemone, and I'm sure others. I'm no expert, this is just what I have been told, and read and experienced myself through trial and error.