Lost my betta today

I woke up this morning and turn on the betta tank lights, like i been doing for the past 5 months. Well this afternoon when i came home, I found my betta dead.

Time to figure out the mystery on how he died. Since I never had a test kit ( I don't want to hear it, but I know I will that I should have test kits.) I been doing weekly wc of 1/2g. Since I was using tap water using dechlornator. So tomorrow I'm gonna take a water sample from the aquarium down to the lfs to have have test done.

I do remember I did forget to do a wc yesterday (sunday sept 6). Until I get the water test done tomorrow at the LFS I'll know what parameter spiked hopefully and might of cause his death.

He's been fully healthy and swim around allot in his 2 1/2g tank. There's morning when i turn the light on about half of the top water surface was a bubble nest. He made the bubble nest this past saturday. So thats why his death I need to find out how it happen.

Betta_4.jpg

well got the test from the lfs with the sample of the water this morning.

ph - 8.0
nitrite - 0.8
ammonia - 0

I haven't learn the the abbreviations yet. I need to learn them.

when I get another betta to house in the 2 1/2g tank. I'm going to do 2 partial wc's a week to keep the ph from spiking like it did and to keep the nitrite down at 0.0