light suggestions

onix

Hi, due to my algae problems I want to change my lights bulb. The actual bulbs are 6 month old. I need 4 PC lights of 65 watts. Any suggestions on possible combinations.

Raf

hi,

well, I guess it depends on wgar type of tank you have, fish only? FOWLR? Reef?

A good combinantion is usually 50% actinics and 50% 10000K's in most cases, but with a FO or FOWLR, the combination is less important. As for wattage, if you have less on a FO or FOWLR, you would tend to have slower algae growth.

What type of alage did you have problems with? IME, most algae outbreaks don't last long and are usually a stage when a nutrient inbalance exisits.

theres not much u can do besides 4 50/50 or 2 10k and 3 actinic

can i suggest a lighting upgrade to t5ho or halide your alge will keep coming back

pc bulbs are the worst for life span

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
I Would Go With 2 Actinics, 1 6500k And 1 12000k Daylights, This Will Give You A Wide Spectrum Band With The Blue Of The Actinincs The Yellowish Tint Of The 6500k And The White Of The 12000k, And Remember That This Truly Is A You Get What You Pay For Hobby, Bulbs That Cost $15 Are Generally Not Even Close In Quality To A $40 Bulb.

...PhilOlsen...And Remember That This Truly Is A You Get What You Pay For Hobby, Bulbs That Cost $15 Are Generally Not Even Close In Quality To A $40 Bulb.

very true phil very very true!

but config. of the 6500k and the 12000k is a little tough because the bulbs are not full length of the tank so coloration would be uneven

T5HO giesmann bulbs 20 bucks each

I hated My PC lights and do not miss them at all !!!!!!!!