Killi fry prob

I bought one of those novelty kits to hatch killifish , long story short, they (4) hatched during the last week in December and are about the same size as when they hatched . I had a guppy born a week later and he is at a 1.5cm now and developing colors . They are in different tanks and the guppy tank is heated , I'm thinking that the lower temp has slowed their development so tomorrow I'm going to move them to a breeder box in the guppy tank . The only thing they eat is brine shrimp that I enrich with fish fry food . Any other idea on shy they are slow growing ?

Luukosian

Nice colorful fish, ussually not a long lifespan though(especially the annual species).....not sure why you might be getting slow growth rates but I think you're probably right on the lower temps, slows the metabolism. Just a tip from my experience, make sure there is a good cover on the tank, I've kept several varieties and even in supposedly well covered tanks they seem to find a way out.

DaveK

Yes, most killifish should be kept at tropical temps. They should also get a much better diet than brine shrimp, even if they are enriched. If you want to get involved with hem, microworms make a great food at this stage, and are easy to culture. You can also try some of the dry food that are very finely ground.

Well I moved them to the breeder box with some java fern and so far all is well . I've emailed the company to try to find put what species they are , the only thing I know is they must be an annual species since that were in peat moss and not in a bag- o- water. I've tried feeding them hikaria first bites (what the guppy eats) and they ignored it.. Could I feed them the liquid fry food with out the brine shrimp? They do just kinda breath the food in ...

Well they emailed me back and they said they are golden killifish, I did some research on them and came up with the golden wonder killi . But what puzzles me is they are not an annual species and therefore shouldn't the eggs have been submerged in water when I got them? What do y'all think?
The good news is after being in the box for a week I can already see a difference they have grown a little and are not as transparent anymore ! Also I ran out of the liquid food and know am enriching the brine with Kent zoecon , is this ok? It says for saltwater and freshwater use.