Just have a story to anyone who has the time to read it

Kremlin

ok this story is how my pulsing xenia made it through something that probably should have killed it.
I came home with it and glued it to a frag plus. then i put it in the tank. the next day, it fell off and was sitting at the bottom of the tank, looking like a white gunk ball. so we re glued it. the next day it fell off again and was in a really hard to reach spot. we had to suck it out with a siphon during a water change. I put sooo much glue it was covered in it. not pulsing at all. now, it is a thriving coral and is growing like a weed!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Xenia are very tough corals, most people consider them weeds! I think they are great for certain tanks but they spread quickly so they need to stay in check. For a nice size frag that's healed, I'd say $10

theplantman

plus 1 to above. i had some in my first setup and literally would pull them off the rock with my tongs to thin them and any torn pieces would grow back in a week. i loved it where it was, but it was definitely invasive.

lbiminiblue

Xenia are very tough corals, most people consider them weeds! I think they are great for certain tanks but they spread quickly so they need to stay in check. For a nice size frag that's healed, I'd say $10

my xenia are now spreading like wildfire, I have no idea what I did differently from the other attempts, but they're growing.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
my xenia are now spreading like wildfire, I have no idea what I did differently from the other attempts, but they're growing.

From all I've read about Xenia....it's not a BIG DEAL getting it to grow. Just need to sit back & watch :yup:
The bigger task is getting it to STOP growing ;)

lbiminiblue

can't stop it entirely, just remove it when it gets out of hand. I think I'll buy the rest of my corals before the xenia completely takes over the tank.

theplantman

Best way to control it is isolation on its own little island. Good luck though. That is one coral I will not add this time to the tank. I'm not sure which is tougher to control xenia or gsp. I like the green though and the gsp is not allowed to touch my rock work at all.