Jason's Cherry Pickin'

Newt

Just was looking around on the net doing a little "window shopping" here's a few that caught my eye.

Blueberry Gongonia $79
DSCF0071.JPG

Purple Gorgonia 6-8in. high
DSCF0142.JPG

Acanthastrea sp. $10 per polyp (for those looking to start acan collectin')
DSCF0235.JPG

Purple tip Neon Green Frogspawn $49
DSCF0122.JPG

Anyone looking for a showpiece clam?
5in. Squamosa $699:columbo:
DSCF0123.JPG

Thats all for now!

Newt

I was thinking about the Blueberry gorg, but don't get paid until later this week...maybe if it sticks around.:)

big t

That is by far and away the most unusual and beautiful squamosa I have ever seen. Can you imagine how bad a$$ that thing will be when it is a 20" monster in a couple years?

FragMaster

I have seen 12" gigas go for $500 but NEVER have I seen a squamy go for $700 for a 5 inch specimen. LOL! It is nice though!

jumpincactus

I really love the look of the blueberry gorgs. However I have yet to meet anyone that can keep them alive for years.Anyone have any luck with BB gorgs???

nikki

Yes :thumbup: I love those blueberry gorgs. too they also go by the name bali blue sea fan @ vividaquariums.com
Please post pics if anyone out there has one of these and any info you could share about them; I plan to get one someday soon.
Bali Blue Sea Fan
(Acalycigorgia sp.)

Stats
Care Level: Moderate
Lighting Requirements: Low to Moderate
Water Flow: Moderate to High
Aggressiveness: Peaceful
Range: Bali
Family: Acanthogorgiidae
Water Conditions: 74-80° F; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

Notes: The Bali Blue Sea Fan grows in beautiful tree-like formations like underwater bonsai. Its branches are rusty colored and covered with beautiful blue polyps.

Underwater epoxy is useful in attaching the sea fan securely in your reef aquarium. Place it in an upright position in the bottom two-thirds of the aquarium. Although it does not require bright lighting it can be kept under bright lights providing algae does not begin to grow on it. Placing it so moderate to high currents will be able to supply it with necessary nutrients and trace elements will also help deter algae from growing on it.

Since this sea fan is not photosynthetic, it relies on additions of trace elements, marine snow, phytoplankton, and food for filter feeders to maintain proper health.

Item Description Price Quantity
Bali Blue Sea Fan (Acalycigorgia sp.)
Small: 4”-5” Pre-Order Now! Click here for info or Request In-Stock Notification $ 60.99
Bali Blue Sea Fan (Acalycigorgia sp.)
Large: 5”-8” Pre-Order Now! Click here for info or Request In-Stock Notification $ 75.99

10Expand.asp

Taylor_made

A little warning on Blueberry Gorgonian, they almost always will die. I tried one was in great shape when I bought it ($15.00), but really no one knows what they eat. I feed very heavy about 18 different foods each day (I have been able to keep a Dendronepthea alive, but not thriving, for 11 months) but my BG, died after 1 month. If someone buys it and keeps it alive for more than one year, I hope you document on what and how you fed it. This has just been my experience, they are a great coral for sure!

Taylor