Japanese Rhizo Coral For Sale ~~~~~~~~RARE~~~~~~~~~~ 30+ LPS for sale

Rare Japanese Rhizo for sale, pink tentacles red center. Had this beauty for 14 months now. Doing very well, but need the money for something else. It is about 3 1/2 inches wide. feed chop up shrimp twice a week. $280, Picture taken using my iphone, so actual color is much better!

overnight shipping
$55 EST
$45 CMT, MT
$35 PST
$25 Los Angeles County.

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

Also have a 255+ heads Aussie Duncan whisker colony in need for sale
$450 for this colony.

IMG_1440.jpg

I have tons of other LPS for sale, if interested please visit this link below. Needed the $$$. Thanks~

LPS for sale pictures by willietang021 - Photobucket

Last edited:
Do you have any documentation to verify that it is from japan?

If so I may be quite interested.

And can you budge on the price? Usually these go for a little less.

Amnestia

I don't think there would be any kind of "legit" documentation... he would be shooting himself in the foot if he had it/whoever sold it to him had it

To tell you the truth, I had never come across any coral seller or LFS that provide documents of the origins of the corals that they sell. Most of the time, it is the suppliers that tell the seller where did the corals came from, and the seller tell us. Well for this rare beauty it is the same. The seller told me is from Japan, and he has this piece for a while already, so I bought it from him and now stating that this piece is from Japan. Most Rhizo are from Japan, and few from Indo Pacific. So, if you want this (Japanese Rhizo) Please let me know.
Second, about the pricing. They were at around $800-1200 at their highs a couple of years ago. But now at their lows, still at around $400-600. Depends on color. This pink with red center cost me $575 back then, Only the complete white ones will go lower than $300. If you are interested $260 will be the lowest, but if you can let me know your zip code, maybe I can work something out at the shipping cost and go even lower.
Thanks!

Btw Bongo Shrimp, do you have any documentation on any of your corals? if so, I would start asking for documentation from my LFS or other online corals seller. I also believe documentation of the origin of corals will increase their value.

Port Richey Kid

well i will say this about 8 years ago i had my lfs ask me for documentation on something i was trading in and i ask who has that i didnt even know you could and there respouse to me was did you ask your lfs or supplier for it because most of them have it on high dollar and exoctic stuff but if you dont ask you dont get

BioMarine

For those of you reluctant to go to his photobucket.... DO SO! There are some really beautiful corals there! Sorry, wish i could afford some of what you have to offer! Good luck selling!

Thank you very much BioMarine! All prices listed are just MSRP, haha, plz shoot me an offer and your zip code, and I can give you a better deal. Thanks!

Btw Bongo Shrimp, do you have any documentation on any of your corals? if so, I would start asking for documentation from my LFS or other online corals seller. I also believe documentation of the origin of corals will increase their value.

I do have documentation for the more important corals. I have a CITES for my Archohelia redivia. I also had one for for a west african colangia but sold it with the coral recently. Actually most rhizos come from Australia. I mean there's no way to know if yours was really from japan without documentation but since it is illegal to obtain any corals from japanese waters it is highly unlikely. What has been happening lately is that suppliers in japan are getting corals harvested from other areas sometimes illegally such as vietnam or australia. These corals are then bought from suppliers in japan yet are not actually harvested there. I have multiple contacts at different wholesalers who have described this phenomenon to me. I would love to own a rhizo truly from japan. Without some sort of documentation though it is hard to know if it is truly japanese.

Just to be clear I'm not knocking your coral. It is very nice indeed. (Hence why I was interested in it.)

Bongo Shrimp, I understand where you come from completely! and I didn't take your post in any offensive way at all! Thanks for looking! Actually just a short conversation from you I have learn acouple of things. Rhizo is from Australia more likely than Japan, and if I ever am going to get a piece of very rare and expensive coral, I will ask for some documentation. Or at least try.

But, Both the rhizo and the Duncan colony are sold as of today. I still have tons of other corals in my tank, I love every piece of them, but if the old piece stays in my tank forever how am I going to buy a new piece and display at the spot of where it was?

I agree, I recently purchased a whole group of them from an advanced coral propagator who has had them propagating for almost 8 years! I actually was thinking about selling a few of them myself (PM me if interested). I don't mean to hijack your for sale thread willietang but it seems as if yours already sold. I hope you don't mind!