It's 1:00 AM and I Just Caught a Bobbit Worm!

nightfire76

makes a little worm struggling in my current in my tank last night look like nothing lol,wonder what happened to mine though,was like 1 1/2 inch

This makes me think twice about putting my hands in my aquarium. I've seen some kind of worm crawling around a few weeks ago in mine and haven't seen it since. :eek:h:

miaskies

Ew, I think I have a couple of those in my tank too. How exactly did you catch it? I want to rid my tank of those as well.

I was just lucky enough to see it out. But I did set my alarm clock for 1:00 AM just to get up to see if I could catch it. Then I flipped my flashlight to red light (it has two settings, red, or white) and went in with the turkey baster. The thing never saw it coming with the red light on. Glad it wasn't able to get some of my really nice corals. Too bad it ate my tri color tort and blue chalice. And also, for all of you out there who say it isn't a bobbit because they only sit vertically and eat things by shooting out of their hole- you're only partly right. There are a few types, some do eat like previously mentioned and others act like snakes and "slither" around looking for expensive corals to eat. There is a 4 footer on display at my LFS that acts like a snake looking for food.