Is this sufficiant food??

leslie

I have a cleaner wrasse and 2 black osculus clown fish that I am feeding this too. The ingredients are krill mill, fish meal, squid mill, wheat gluten, potato starch, fish oil, spirulina, astaxanthin, garlic oil. It also says guarenteed analysis is crude protein : 52% , crude fat :16%, crude fiber :2%, ash: 13%, moisture :6%.

The name of this food is Dry Hatchery Diet. Its made by sustainable aquatics.

Its very very small so my cleaner wrasse eats it well. Also is so droping so it stays on the top for a while and it gives him a chance to get enough. Also this is all I can get my black osculus clown fish to eat. They love it as well. The other fish get some here and there but its really not big enough to keep there attention. The size of it is .5mm. Do any of u thing this food would be sutable for my fish or to feed them this on a regular basis? Would appriciate input!

frisbee

The food you have is fine, but the more variety you can provide the better. Be careful though, some foods are high in phosphates, some fall apart real easy and are very messy, etc. You'll just have to find a combination that works for you.
My fish are fed dry foods mostly. (flakes & pellets) I also pepper in some frozen beefheart, spirulina enriched brine shrimp, & Formula One. Live blackworms are also on the menu.

lbiminiblue

I have a cleaner wrasse and 2 black osculus clown fish that I am feeding this too. The ingredients are krill mill, fish meal, squid mill, wheat gluten, potato starch, fish oil, spirulina, astaxanthin, garlic oil. It also says guarenteed analysis is crude protein : 52% , crude fat :16%, crude fiber :2%, ash: 13%, moisture :6%.

The name of this food is Dry Hatchery Diet. Its made by sustainable aquatics.

Its very very small so my cleaner wrasse eats it well. Also is so droping so it stays on the top for a while and it gives him a chance to get enough. Also this is all I can get my black osculus clown fish to eat. They love it as well. The other fish get some here and there but its really not big enough to keep there attention. The size of it is .5mm. Do any of u thing this food would be sutable for my fish or to feed them this on a regular basis? Would appriciate input!
ultimately the best judge will be if your fish flourish or wither...If your fish eat it readily and stay healthy, you have no reason to get new food, other than live foods to provide the fish with the excitement of a chase. Reef Frenzy is really nutritious, but you can easily get away with pellets. As for me, I stick to sinking pellets and bait squid.

ReefFrenzy

I think you will find that if you research the "best" food sources for marine aquariums, that you will see you should try and feed our fish organisms closest to what they find in the wild. Many fish have difficulty digesting wheat gluten and starches found in pelleted foods.
Some frozen foods can be higher in phosphates, as are cheaper poor quality flakes and pellets, but the key is to balance your feeding regime and filtration. There is plenty of research out there that shows that for a fish to live for a decade or more (as they can) that essential amino acids and nutrients are required.

I personally would try and supplement some quality frozen foods such as mysis (yes its a FW organism, but its high in omega 3 fatty acids), krill or other marine foods such as squid occasionally. I would also soak your dry food in Vitachem or Selco 2x per week to enrich it.

The 16% fat content seems high to me and fatty liver disease is a problem in some species in captivity when they don't get to exercise at home as they do on the reef.

People often say my fish are "fine" on one food or another, but there is a difference between living and thriving. I try and offer my fish a vast and varied diet of foods based mostly from marine origin.

I don't claim to be an expert, by any means, but my approach has worked for me and our loyal list of customers.

Larry

jerry26

Get some of Larry Reef Frenzy......complete butrition for everyone!

LRS PREMIUM REEF FOODS

Man youve fallen in love with that stuff havent you? Lol... j/k dude.

Oh and i saw reeffrenzy mentioned mysis, back when i had my lionfish i had to release the shrimp close to the lionfish because of how aggressive my ocellaris clown were towards them. They would shred those things like a shark eating a baby seal. If i just dropped it in theyd rip it apart before the lionfish even got close. Idk how similar they are but i just bought ghost shrimp(Live) from the lfs. Since theyre live you can enrich them as well.

P.s. i wish i had a black pair. No stores sell pairs around here and im not big on paying for shipping. I found them once but i wasnt interested in paying 100$ either.

jerry26

Well i have seen ocellaris clowns eat them.

Liveaquaria call the ocellaris clown an aggressive eater and says common cleaner wrasse should be enticed with live feeder shrimp.