Is this Good?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Ok i have been fighting the ca/alk battle and i thinkn i am winning.

I am following the calcium calculator by adding 5 teaspoons for 4 days. day 1 it went from 290-330. Day 2 it went from 330-360.

Now the alk was at 2.9 meq/l and i dosed it (enough to raise it 1 meq/l) and it only went to 3.0. Has it found a level?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. If anyone could tell me how to make the homemade version of "reef builder" i would appreciate it.

Thanks
PSU

jks1

no help on this one, i do it by trial and error. Mojoreef has a great explanation of the chemical relationship in the chemistry section.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
P.S. If anyone could tell me how to make the homemade version of "reef builder" i would appreciate it.

I assume you mean a homemade alk buffer...I got this from one of Boomers old posts.

6 parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and 1 part Arm & Hammer Washing soda. Mix well and add one table spoon of the mix to RO, RO/DI or Distilled water per 25 gal of tank water to raise DKH 1.0. Always check pH and Alk.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I think that dripping kalk will only maintain your levels.....i don' think it is to be used for correcting imbalance problems.

Thanks for the replys