If I get a new tank what should be in it?

What type of tank should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michael_cb_125

I voted for the 34 gallon tank, as the 66 gallon system is not large enough in my opinion to be used as an aggressive system.

~Michael

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I voted 66 gallon but drop the V. lion the tank is to small, try a dwarf lion, toad fish is always cool, wolf eel, anglers, different scorpion fish.

There are lots of predator fish that don't get huge :)

K L R

k thanks and the v. lion is on the border line because my book said minimum of 55 gal and then rock takes up some space along with fish..what types of dwarf lions are there beside fuzzy

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
There are a couple variations of fuzzy dwarf lionfish, I believe there is one that is a dwarf zebra lionfish, there are a few out there.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Alot of predator fish are not really aggressive towards thing they can't fit in their mouths. :)

K L R

So if I do do the preadator tank will a Harlequin wrasse do fine with, a dwarf lionfish and a wart,giant,or painted frogfish?

Does this sound good or not compatible?

K L R

It said the wrasse will eat any corals,it said the other 2 will just irritate them by perching on them do you know of another predator fish that can be with the 1st 2 and that doesnt eat corals?,if I do the pred. tank im not going to make a reef but might have a couple of zoas rics or shrooms...

K L R

So i just read about the painted frogfish....and learned that it changes colors acording to what colors you hav in the tank, so if im going to get this tank, to maintain its color what coral would i need to get....sponges have alot of requirements, anything else?

And bright red painted 1s are about $149 but i found a websit with a clown wart for 99 and a painted orange for 49, cant it just change collar and become a bright red one?overtime?

thanks

K L R

If i go with the predator tank are these fish, a radiata lionfish, or zebra lion, and a painted or clown frogfish, and a harlequin wrasse or marine betta?

Radiata
RadiataLionfish.jpg

or
Zebra
dzebrais2.jpg

and

Clown Frogfish
ClownFrogfish1.jpg

or Painted
frogfish-15.jpg

and

Harlequin
IMG_1138.jpg

or
Marine Betta
P30521.jpg

Do you think any of these will eat each other or anything?

bawla47

If i go with the predator tank are these fish, a radiata lionfish, or zebra lion, and a painted or clown frogfish, and a harlequin wrasse or marine betta?

Radiata
RadiataLionfish.jpg

or
Zebra
dzebrais2.jpg

and

Clown Frogfish
ClownFrogfish1.jpg

or Painted
frogfish-15.jpg

and

Harlequin
IMG_1138.jpg

or
Marine Betta
P30521.jpg

Do you think any of these will eat each other or anything?

eat anything? theyll eat everything they can fit in there mouth!

id say do a couple frogfish there very cool, harlequins will be compatible but still kind of a small tank for them.