Identify question??

I have come across something strange.. Well i noticed in one of my tanks there are these little things crawling everywhere. Its not the normal critters that come with live sand or anything. (copepods,anthopods) But they are little slug like things. They are about the size of a pellet from a b.b. gun and they are brownish red. They move some what fast for a little critter. To really tell you what they look like they lokk like the chili pepper you get a pizza hut to sprinkle on your pizza. The little crushed pepper. They are reproducing extremly fast and i wandered what they where. Any ideas i know all of the "normal" critters that come with live rock or sand but these are strange. They kinda look bad on the glass. I am really stumped. (you would think after 10 yrs u would figure these things out!!! :) So let me know what u guys think!!!!
Thanks
SHawn

mps9506

nope :) They aren't actually flatworms in the scientfic sense, but that's what the reefing community calls em. They seems to love detrius.
If you are having issues with them there are lots of controls for them. My suggestion is to limit the amount of detrius in the system by increasing your flow and filtration as well as limit feedings. Biological controls include a variety of wrasses like the six line.
Chemical controls would include Salifert's Flat worm exit.
Flat worm exit is an excellent product and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. just make sure you siphon out as many flatworms as possible first.
Mike

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
If you have room in your tank, go with the Sixline wrasse. They have lots of personality and are extremely colorful!

yankieman

I love the six line wrasse but make sure you have a lid on the tank i had one and i found it on the floor and i HAD a lid it found a small hole somehow and ended up on the floor so i assume ( since i didnt see it leap out) that they jump. :jumprope: but they are a gorgious fish i think.