I wanna peanut! I wanna Peanut!

Roks-Sharky

Okay, these things apparently show up gratis on live rock.
I looked on ebay, no one is trying to make a buck off selling them.
I've never seen one in a tank for sale at the LFS.

I was wondering if anyone around here has one they'd like to get rid of?

I am apparently very found of worms. I love my feather dusters and I vermicompost (check wikipedia for that explanation).

The name is Sipuncula or peanut worm. I'm hoping to find one locally so I can pick it up, Camden County .. .

Attachments

• Sipuncula.jpg
    Sipuncula.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 55
  • peanut_worm.gif
    peanut_worm.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 55

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm... I have one in my reef that came as a hitchhiker but it's not for sale.... it is on a bottom rock and would be very labor intensive to get.

Good luck with your peanut hunting! :D

Warnberg

You know I think there are about 20 of these dudes in one of my large rocks. I never see the body, but I see this snout looking thing come out of the rock at night and extend almost 2 or 3 inches to grab something then back into the rock it goes... they are all over the rock and only come out after lights out.... not sure if there would be any way I could get one for ya, they are inside the rock using the holes in the rock to move around.

Snelly40

:LOL: what he said, i see them at night, but they're fast and not sure how i'd get them out sorry

reefjitsu

If you have live rock then I am pretty sure you already have some. I would suspect that most tanks have many of them, though you may only see one or two at a time. They are fairly secretive. I think that if you actually pay for one you will be dissappointed because of the small size and how much they remain hidden.

Roks-Sharky

I don't think I have any peanut worms. I spend about 25 minutes each night staring into my tank after the lights go out. I wonder what people think who walk their dogs past my house late at night.

I have a bristle worm whose half grey and half red.

Lots of tongue worms, they come out all day, though.

Now it seems everyone has some but me!

Keep me posted if you find me a source . . .

billyr98

I got them with my live rock, haven't seen them for a while but when I was curing my rock, i saw them...