How to move mushrooms?

Cassette87

Is it possible to move mushrooms in this case rics easily? I don't want to damage my last nice ric polyp to die, and would like to move it further to the top of my tank so it can get the light it needs. if anyone has any advice on doing this it would be appreciated!

Cassette87

Blast!:smack: that's not what i Wanted to hear. Suppose I'll have to run to the LFS for more rock to build up a bit more of a foundation on that side of the tank.

vdituri

Couldn't you scrape off the top layer of live rock with a razor blade?
It seems pretty brittle on most of the ones I have.
Just a suggestion

kimoy

simple. first, get a plastic bag, add tank water, pick up the rock place it in the bag, put the bag in a styrofoam cooler, place it in a box and ship it to me...there problem solved... :)

Cassette87

Well, I picked up another decent size piece of LR to give me some more to workt with and i've moved the rics so that they're about the highest polyps in the tank, making them about 6-7" deep in the tank. Hopefully this will make a difference! I have a bit of a phobia of putting anything metal into the tank, and the rock is a branch type piece, so I didn't want to end up with a bunch of rubble :( kimoy, if the rics are successful, in due time i'll have frags to share!