Hi New Member

sh1ppy

Hi There,
Im new to this site, I have been keeping a marine tank now for just over 1 year.
Its a Jewel 120,
containing.
1 x Perc Clown
1 x Regal Tang
1 x Strawberry Damsel
1 x Silverbelly Wrasse
1 x Cleaner Wrasse
1 x Bi Color Blennie
1 x Crab
1 x Curlique

I have just noticed thousands of little flea type critters swimming around can any one give me some info on what they might be. Are they dangerious to my tank etc.
Many thanks.

Jason :snrkl:

Gina

RS STAFF
:welcomera to Reef Sanctuary! :hallo:

What color are the critters? If they are white in color, they may be copepods which, are good for your tank!

ReefLady

Staff member
I agree, probaby just noticed them but they've been there all along. Sounds like pods, they're good guys. :)

sh1ppy

Thanks

They are white in colour. so im happy :) that they are good guys.

What do you think is the next thing that I should buy for the tank (Protien Skimmer, Light upgrade, Under gravel filter, Etc)

So far I do a 50 % water change on a 3 week basis, So far I have been luck enough to add the salt as I go along and get good results.

Thanks
Jason :snrkl:

Gina

RS STAFF
50% water change is a bit too much! I would only change about 15-20%.
If you don't have a skimmer, I would consider that next on the list. What kind of lights do you have right now?

Your lighting all depends on the type of corals you end up keeping.

You don't need an undergravel water filter. And anyway with everything already set up it's kinda late for that.

Along with a skimmer, I would also consider getting a sump. If your handy, you can make your own sump. It would be cheaper than buying one.

What do you have for a substrate? Crushed coral or Live sand?

Brucey

Hi shippy . . . . welcome to RS buddy. Hope you hang around, there are loads of good people here.
Brucey