hey guys,is this good or bad algae?

nightfire76

ok guys here are some new pics....pics 1,2 and 3 are of the same rock that i started this tread with,in the 3rd pic ya can see one of my clams opened up some there on the top right :D the last two pics are just extras showing my pink/purple caroline and the other....well im not sure what kind of algae that is

Attachments

• better pic.JPG
    better pic.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 25
  • better pic1.JPG
    better pic1.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
  • better pic2.JPG
    better pic2.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 25
  • purplepink algae.JPG
    purplepink algae.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 25
  • one rock with algae.JPG
    one rock with algae.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 25
I agree with John. And I had that caulerpa with those disc things on the end when I got my tank which was an already operating system. Major pain in the rear and kinda ugly. So I pulled it all. There were several other species of caulerpa in my tank when I got it. I actually pulled all the caulerpa in the tank because some of it got banged around a bit during transport, and the stress of the move started causing part of the caulerpa to sexual (which means it's going to propogate itself all over your tank). Caulerpa is one of the few macros that go sexual and when they do it can be a pain in the butt to get rid of it. While some caulerpa is pretty, I just don't think it's worth the hassle if it decides to go sexual on you. There are macros that are just as pretty that you don't have to worry about going sexual. So I won't have any caulerpa in my tank. If you don't want to deal with the possibility of it going sexual on you, then I'd suggest pulling it all. Also, you can tell when caulerpa is starting to go sexual because it will start to turn white/opaque. If you see that happen, yank it immediately unless you want caulerpa springing up everywhere.