Hermit Crabs

lcstorc

New one for me. I thought about it at one time when I had a lot of hermits. I put some tiny tiny shells in the tank just in case but they were never used.

Becca

I know it’s a dumb question but I ask because last night one of my poor blue leg hermits was being bombarded by like 3 or 4 other blue leg and they would not let her go and they were fighting between themselves over her.

goldenmean

A couple of weeks ago I was watching my tank with a flash light and i saw one of my hermits partly out of her shell and she was releasing fry. Hermits lay eggs and store them on their back yet still in their shell. When the eggs develope the mother releases thousands of babies into the water.
A lot of mine swam towards the moon lights. I have no idea if any of them survived but it is possible. Its was pretty cool to see.

Heliux

I love inverts, expecially hermit crabs so i might try breeding them in a nano tank and keep everything else out except for a few snails. Think ill have a better time in a nano? or Would just having them in my main tank with my fish and everything else be the best place?