Heres the question?

A guy from a local business came into my store today and wants me to come maintain his 75 gallon salt tank so when i went to go see it red slime algae covering everything! He has nice rock too but no inverts so before i start taken care of it i want to make sure i get it taken care of better on the clean up crew side! So i know what to do and what to add to it, but i want to know what you guys would do! Aswell
Thanks
Shawn :)

TDEVIL

well, what i would do is get the params straight, with w/c's with good quality water
there will be some phos, etc present even if the test kits dont show it, the algae is feeding off of something :)

i would also add some more flow and decrease the photo-period and when doing the w/c's i would try to get as much of the algae i could get out of the tank
then i would run a magnum HOB filter with some carbon to help clean out the particles that will be floating and to help polish the tank

is it a young tank? remember algae is part of the aquarium, hard to rid it, but easy to control which is done by keeping the params in control :)

as far as the critter crew, for sb i like nassi snails, conchs and bumbble bee snails for the glass and LR, ceriths, Margarita, astera and some nerite snails

Jay

PS, sorry i didnt answer you q on another post, i dont work at the LFS i work at Amcast :)

Blackness

try also using a cynobacteria remover. the water flow is the most important factor. No stagnent areas no slime. U didn't mention if there was a protein skimmer that will help alot too.